Since 1998, the TransVision conference series has been advocating the ethical use of technology to expand human capabilities and transcend limitations.
The event will take place on Sat 6th and Sun 7th July.
The core purpose of this event is to review the relevance of transhumanism to key issues of the present and near-term future.
Invitations are now requested for speakers addressing the following six themes:
- Transhumanism and the future of health
- Transhumanism and the future of education
- Transhumanism around the world
- Transhumanism and the future of AI
- Transhumanism and the future of politics
- Open questions about transhumanism
Talks will be 15 minute TED-style (or 8 minutes for a report in the “transhumanism around the world” section). Talks will be followed by discussion & audience Q&A.
Speakers already confirmed include:
- Natasha Vita-More, Executive Director, Humanity+
- Max More, CEO of Alcor Life Extension Foundation
- David Pearce, Co-Founder, Humanity+ (as WTA)
- Steve Fuller, Professor in Social Epistemology, Warwick Univ
- Rohit Talwar, CEO Fast Future
- Kate Levchuk, Kate Goes Tech
- Calum Chace, author of five books on Artificial Intelligence
- Marc Roux, President of the French Transhumanist Association
- Didier Coeurnelle, Co-chair of Heales (Healthy Life Extension Society)
- Micah Redding, Executive Director, Christian Transhumanist Association
- Nell Watson, Tech philosopher
- David Orban, Managing Partner, Network Society Ventures
- David Wood, Chair of London Futurists
For more details of this event – and to snap up one of the early bird discounted tickets – click here.
Image credit: The (placeholder) image includes elements by Rudy and Peter Skitterians from Pixabay.